CAC card not recognized

CAC access to secure web sites for Mac OS

Re: CAC card not recognized

Postby carl » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:14 pm

It looks like your commands are on the same line and that you're missing a space. Enter these commands one at a time, and use copy/paste to avoid errors ( press enter or return after each command ):

• sudo touch /Library/Logs/com.thursby.pki
  • sudo chmod 666 /Library/Logs/com.thursby.pki
carl
Site Admin

Postby mattpayne95 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:42 am

Okay I did that but now I can't find thursby.com.pki in the library.
mattpayne95

Postby carl » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:11 am

Did you receive any errors in the commands listed? Both should return to a prompt with no output.

If no errors were reported, you should be able to open Library > Logs from the hard drive. You could enter this command in Terminal to show the same folder:

open /Library/Logs
carl
Site Admin

Postby mattpayne95 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:07 pm

Last login: Sat Dec 10 12:03:22 on ttys000
matthew-paynes-iMac-2:~ mattpayne95$ sudo touch /Library/Logs/com.thursby.pki
Password:
matthew-paynes-iMac-2:~ mattpayne95$ sudo chmod 666 /Library/Logs/com.thursby.pki
matthew-paynes-iMac-2:~ mattpayne95$
mattpayne95

Postby mattpayne95 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:15 pm

I emailed the com.thursby.pki file.
mattpayne95

Postby daved » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:01 am

Carl,
Just downloaded daveV9. When I open the assistant I can't get it to recognize my card (it does recognize the reader). I ran step 3 and PKard doesn't run at all when I insert my card. My card also does not appear in keychain. The reader is an IOGear GSR202 that I just purchased yesterday. Any help you can gig would be greatly appreciated.
Dave
daved

Postby carl » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:35 am

Dave,

We've had several people report problems with the new IOGEAR readers. Here's a description of the problem, a hack to fix, and some other details:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=93&start=10

If you can return your reader, I'd recommend you purchase another. Here's a list of what he know about readers:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=93

Carl
carl
Site Admin

Postby Tonjanika » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:44 pm

I have followed all of the steps, downloaded the firmware, went to terminal and did the top, cut and paste the sudo, which asked for a password that I could not enter. CAC still not recognized. I have the SCR3310 V 2.0 Reader.

Thank You

TJ
Tonjanika

Postby carl » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:38 pm

TJ, when you type your password, no characters or indication appear on the screen to let you know that it's typing. Still, type your password and press return. If you mistype, you'll get an error. If you don't, you'll be returned to a prompt. I've changed the instructions a bit to explain that a bit better.

The instructions (at least step 4) are not designed to get your card to work -- they're designed to get a debug file to our support group so that we can determine the cause of the failure. So far, common failures are things like (•) another software has been installed that takes precedence over PKard, (•) the card reader is not recognized by Mac OS X, (•) the card is not an official CAC or PIV. No matter what the problem, that file will give us a good understanding of the next step to take.
carl
Site Admin

Previous

Return to PKard® for Mac v1