Mac OS X enterprisenetwork storage with commercial grade Microsoft DFS and Microsoft SMB/CIFS
DAVE® delivers commercial grade, two-way Mac file and printer sharing integration and collaboration with Windows Server, NAS, or Samba network storage infrastructure, without the issues of the consumer-oriented, immature and under-tested Apple native implementations.
Thursby co-wrote the Mac SMB/CIFS standards with Microsoft back in 2002, adding full DFS support the same year. MacWorld reviewed DAVE as a "must have" consumer product at the time. Today, in its tenth generation, DAVE has a professional and enterprise user base since simple home and small business use cases are covered by native OS X, requiring no third party software.
$70/Mac or less at typical enterprise quantity (+) with no unnecessary new server or cloud software required.
SIMPLE - Mac OS X Mountain Lion, Lion and Snow Leopard (legacy)
- Easily installed and configured, whether individually or with scaled deployment
- Integrated into the OS so that the Mac user can work as they always have
TRANSPARENT - Client-based solution
- Designed to connect to existing Microsoft network infrastructure
- No new servers or sever software required
- No additional costs for feature implementation
- No additional cost associated with proprietary server-based software
COMPLETE - Full support for commercial grade Microsoft Windows networking
- Full support for Microsoft Windows networking (SMB/CIFS)
- Full support for DFS
- Full support for network shares and network home folders
"DAVE is one of those products that just 'works' - no hype, no fancy marketing, no paid endorsements."
Michael Kulyk, MACSPECTRUM, Apple System Admin, long-time user and installer
”DAVE is a flawless program. Once it's installed, it just works and solves problems for us with Final Cut Pro that we had with AFP”
Bob Zelin, President, Rescue 1, Professional television and audio industry solutions
"For situations where performance is paramount, DAVE and ADmitMac are the preferred choices."
Geert van Teylingen, NetApp - White Paper
Free enterprise trial
- DAVE is available for a free trial prior to purchase
- These are full function, fully documented site licenses including free technical support to facilitate enterprise deployment and scalability testing.
- Click here for pricing information (+)
- Supports all current Windows operating systems and clustering
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) support allowing access to industry standard physical, virtualized or cloud storage products from vendors such as EMC, Isilon and NetApp
- Compatible with UNIX/Linux platforms running Samba
- Correctly implements NTFS Resource Forks - eliminates extraneous ._ (dot underscore) files
- Supports Windows ACLs and long file names
- Compatible with popular Mac enterprise anti-virus, deployment, encryption, maintenance and virtualization tools
- Features can be added and bugs corrected without any need to change the particular OS X version being run
- Especially designed with networked Apple Final Cut Pro (FCP), Adobe Creative Suite (ACS), Avid and Office for Mac applications in mind
- Fully supports Apple’s Gatekeeper security technology
- Mountain Lion, Lion or Snow Leopard
Which Thursby product is right?
- Click here for a detailed comparison
Servers / Workstations
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP