Mac OS X enterprise network storage with commercial grade Microsoft DFS and Microsoft SMB/CIFS
DAVE® delivers commercial grade, two-way Mac file and printer sharing integration and collaboration with Windows Server, NAS, or Samba network storage infrastructure, without the issues of the consumer-oriented, immature and under-tested Apple native implementations.
Thursby co-wrote the Mac SMB/CIFS standards with Microsoft back in 2002, adding full DFS support the same year. MacWorld reviewed DAVE as a "must have" consumer product at the time. Today, in its eleventh generation, DAVE has a professional and enterprise user base since simple home and small business use cases are covered by native OS X, requiring no third party software.
$70/Mac or less at typical enterprise quantity (+) with no unnecessary new server or cloud software required.
SIMPLE - Mac OS X Mavericks, Mountain Lion, and Lion (legacy)
- Easily installed and configured, whether individually or with scaled deployment
- Integrated into the OS so that the Mac user can work as they always have
TRANSPARENT - Client-based solution
- Designed to connect to existing Microsoft network infrastructure
- No new servers or sever software required
- No additional costs for feature implementation
- No additional cost associated with proprietary server-based software
COMPLETE - Full support for commercial grade Microsoft Windows networking
- Full support for Microsoft Windows networking (SMB/CIFS)
- Full support for network shares and network home folders
- Supports all current Windows operating systems and clustering
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) support allowing access to industry standard physical, virtualized or cloud storage products from vendors such as EMC, Isilon and NetApp
- Compatible with UNIX/Linux platforms running Samba
- Correctly implements NTFS Resource Forks - eliminates extraneous ._ (dot underscore) files
- Supports Windows ACLs and long file names
- Compatible with popular Mac enterprise anti-virus, deployment, encryption, maintenance and virtualization tools
- Features can be added and bugs corrected without any need to change the particular OS X version being run
- Especially designed with networked Apple Final Cut Pro (FCP), Adobe Creative Suite (ACS), Avid and Office for Mac applications in mind
- Fully supports Apple’s Gatekeeper security technology