PKard for Mac v1.3 software
Secure CAC/PIV web, email & VPN for Mac OS X software
PKard® for Mac software meets the needs of US DoD, Federal Government and corporate Mac users for simple and straightforward two-factor authenticated CAC, PIV, PIV-I and CIV smart card access to secure web sites, web VPN and secure S/MIME Apple email signing and encryption. PKard is made in the USA, backed with phone and email support from Arlington, Texas. It is the same code used by the Pentagon, Army, Navy, Whitehouse, NIH and SEC across tens of thousands of Macs users since the mid 2000s. Reader hardware and card are not included.
Part number PKS108-PA $29.95, email shipping
- Fully supported commercial software with a seven-year history and tens of thousands of users - phone and email support right to a real person
- Dual persona CAC support, only Apple software to have it
- Outlook Web Access (OWA), Sharepoint portals and collaboration sites e.g. AKO, NKO, AF Portal and DTS
- CAC (Common Access Card), PIV (Personal Identity Verification), PIV-I, CIV (Commercial Identity Verification) via Thursby's own TokenD "drivers"
- Supports Mac OS X Mountain Lion, Lion and Snow Leopard (v1.2 download) and Leopard (v1.1 download, included along with v1.2)
- Apple mail and S/MIME signing, encryption and decryption (except where prevented by any organizational server-side "Windows-only for S/MIME" type of policy)
- Web-based VPN (all correctly written third party web/smart card Mac tools should work as long the reference the tandard Apple keychain)
- Avoids clumsy, inconvenient and incomplete workarounds such as virtualized Windows, boot camp or thumb drives
- Made in the USA, GSA-approved, with phone and email support by Apple-Microsoft specialists from Arlington, Texas
"We saw there was a need for Apple users to get their smart cards working without being rocket scientists", Paul Nelson, Thursby CTO
"I think this is a great product. It allowed me to access my AKO and OWA mail sites with ease." - Ronald, U.S. Army
"PKard for Mac software is an all in one wonder!" - Luis, USN
"The ability to access CAC enabled websites on my Mac without having to install a 'Windows on a Mac' solution -- be it Parallels, VMware Fusion, or Bootcamp -- make the price of PKard one of the best expenditures I've ever made! " - Robert, Lt Col, USAF
"Flawless purchase, installation and execution. Without a single problem, the software did exactly what I wanted - congratulations on a great product" - Garry, RAF
"So worth $29.95! Seamless, painless integration", Scott, U.S. Army
Simple setup pre-populates many popular secure web sites and ties correct certificates to them as bookmarks. New bookmarks are easy to add. Thursby has been integrating Apple in enterprise and Government worldwide for over 25 years.
PKard for Mac pricing
- Click here for pricing information
What's new in v1.3 update
- Dual persona CAC support
- Refresh of web bookmarks and certificates
- New installation wizard cleans up issues that may have been introduced by previous installations of buggy and unsupported offshore freeware
- Ability to locally reset PIN
- Supports Apple Safari and Google Chrome browsers since they use the standard Apple environment (Mozilla Firefox has non-standard keychain handling proprietary to itself)
- Supports industry standard USB Mac or PC card readers from third parties such as Identive (SCM) or HID (Omnikey) available from around $10 at amazon.com or other retailers
- A version for direct network and domain login, Single Sign-On (SSO) , Active directory, Group Policy and network-based environments is available for organizations
- Not sure which Thursby US Government CAC & PIV smart card product best meets your need? Click here.
- Click here for FAQs or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (817) 478-5070