ADmitMac PKI v5
Mac OS X Active Directory, Group Policy & Single Sign-On with enterprise CAC/PIV smart card support
ADmitMac® PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) turns a Mac into a true Active Directory client with two-factor smart card authentication for domain/network login. Today, PKI is in its fifth generation after seven years on the market, longer than any other vendor, including Apple itself. PKI is a one-stop commercial and fully supported solution for Mac-Windows management and security needs, ensuring compliance with standards such as HSDP-12, OMB-11-11 and FIPS 201.
If simpler support is required, for web, web VPN and email with smart card authentication, we recommend PKard for Mac.
$144/Mac or less at typical enterprise quantity (+) with no unnecessary new server or cloud software required.
SIMPLE - Mac OS X Mountain Lion, Lion and Snow Leopard (legacy)
- Easily installed and configured, whether individually or with scaled deployment
- Integrated into the OS so that the Mac user can work as they always have
- Smart card domain/network login
TRANSPARENT - Client-based solution
- Designed to connect to existing Microsoft network infrastructure
- No new servers or sever software required
- No additional costs for feature implementation
- No additional cost associated with proprietary server-based software
- Made in the USA, GSA approved, with enterprise phone and email support by Mac/Windows specialists from Arlington, Texas
COMPLETE - Full support for commercial grade Microsoft Windows networking
- Full support for Microsoft Windows networking (SMB/CIFS)
- Full support for DFS
- Full support for network shares and network home folders
- Identity and access management via Microsoft Active Directory, with Microsoft Group Policy or Apple Workgroup Manager
- True PKE Single Sign-On with Kerberos PKINIT
- All US Government CAC, PIV, PIV-I and CIV (.net coming soon) supported via Thursby TokenD "drivers"
- Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) and Certificate Revocation List (CRL)
- Full VPN support
- S/MIME signing, encryption and decryption of email fully supported
Thursby has been integrating Apple in enterprise and Government for over 25 years, with smart card support for the last seven, covering from the DoD, Army, Navy, to the NIH and Whitehouse. Not sure which Thursby CAC/PIV/.NETI product best meets your need? Click here.
- 23 July 2007 NETCOM / 9th ASC Technical Authority (TA) Implementation Memorandum
- 24 July 2007 Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) Certification
Selected quotes for built-in ADmitMac
"ADmitMac is the hands-down choice, 5 stars out of 5, the clear winner"
Comparative Review: Mac-to-AD Integration Solutions, Windows IT Pro Magazine
"If you want more robust Active Directory integration than is provided by OS X itself. Thursby's ADmitMac has a cult following and for good reason."
So you want an office of Apple Macs - here's a survival guide, The Register
"ADmitMac sets the bar to measure all others by"
Sam Litt, author Mac OS X Bible, long-time user
- To begin an enterprise trial, please contact us directly
- Click here for pricing information (+)
- Fully supported commercial software with a 7-year history, not built on unsupported foreign shareware with a history of functionality, security and maintenance issues
- Meets DoD PKI requirements
- Direct smart card middleware support
- Automatic PKI trust configuration
- Ability to locally reset PIN
- "sudo" replacement via smart card for administration
- Alternate smart card login, allowing two cards at once
- Publishes CAC Certificates in Active Directory
- Network Home Folders - files and home directories can reside on any authorized, accessible network volume
- Mobile Accounts - caches successful user login information, allowing notebook users to login using their domain account while disconnected from the network
- Compatible with popular Mac enterprise anti-virus, deployment, encryption, maintenance and virtualization tools
- Fully supports Apple’s Gatekeeper security technology
- Mountain Lion or Lion
- Mac smart card reader with current firmware
Not sure which Thursby product is right one for you?
- Click here for a detailed comparison.
Servers / Workstations
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP