USMC OWA

CAC access to secure web sites for Mac OS
diazdo

USMC OWA

Post by diazdo » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:45 pm

Motivated Support Team,

Hello. I have run into a new issue with the USMC OWA page. I'm not sure if it is my machine or if it is the USMC OWA page. I'm able to login into mypay and DTS but unsuccessful in Safari or Chrome for the USMC OWA page: https://owa.usmc.mil/

Any guidance or direction will be greatly appreciated. Below are the two screenshots for Safari and Chrome:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 9.51.24 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 9.51.24 AM.png (204.74 KiB) Viewed 67 times

kim

Re: USMC OWA

Post by kim » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:50 pm

diazdo wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:45 pm
Motivated Support Team,

Hello. I have run into a new issue with the USMC OWA page. I'm not sure if it is my machine or if it is the USMC OWA page. I'm able to login into mypay and DTS but unsuccessful in Safari or Chrome for the USMC OWA page: https://owa.usmc.mil/

Any guidance or direction will be greatly appreciated. Below are the two screenshots for Safari and Chrome:
Based on the screen shot you provided, it would appear that you didn’t have a certificate available for the browser to use and it is prompting you to enter the user name and password associated with your OWA email.

Visit our support forum post here viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1331 This will guide you through making sure your Keychain is 100% properly setup for CAC use. Mirror your keychain with the screenshots in that post. Confirm that you have all the required DoD Root CA certs 2 thru 5 and that they're *manually trusted* in your system keychain. If you're missing any certs, you can download and import them via links provided in the first comment of the forum post. Same with the remainder of the DoD certs. The post is easy to follow with plenty of screenshots and how-to info.

Once you're done, fully quit Safari from the menu or hit CMD+Q. Re-open Safari and try logging into your USMC OWA again. If you continue having trouble, please email us at support@thursby.com or call +1817-478-5070 between 8-5 CST Mon-Fri. Thanks!

Kim, Support