Worked Great.... Now it doesn't

CAC access to secure web sites for Mac OS
chris.g

Worked Great.... Now it doesn't

Post by chris.g » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:04 pm

I installed PKard for Mac about 3 weeks ago and it was working great for a few day. Then out of no-where, it won't allow me to access any CAC enabled sites. (AKO, Webmail etc...). It doesn't ask for my credentials when I try to log in, it just tells me that Safari can't open the page. Please help!

The CAC reader I am using is a SCR3310 v2.0 SmartOS powered.

Thanks,
Chris

jim_t
Site Admin

Re: Worked Great.... Now it doesn't

Post by jim_t » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:10 am

chris.g,

When you insert your card into the reader, do you see the light appear on the reader and then disappear? If so, disconnect the reader and restart your Mac.

On occasion, Apple's PCSC will go to sleep and fail to wake up when a card reader is presented. This process is responsible for notifying PKard that a card is available for use, and when it fails to wake, PKard doesn't know to start. The restart should allow the process to shutdown and start up cleanly.

---
Jim

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:29 pm

I've tried that as well. I've also uninstalled and then reinstalled PKard.

I must have done something to delete a certificate because my problem has worsened. Now I get an error message that says "Safari can't identify the identity of the website: ___ (google, apple, amazon, every site I go to).
If I continue, it loads the page with the content all messed up.

I might need to call in for this one.... But any thoughts would be helpful.
Thanks,
Chris

michaelwolfe

Post by michaelwolfe » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:06 pm

chris.g,

If you haven't already done so, please call our help desk to resolve this issue. We will then update this forum post with our findings.

Michael