Cannot login to my.af.mil AF Portal

CAC access to secure web sites for Mac OS

Cannot login to my.af.mil AF Portal

Postby dimaria » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:44 pm

Safari can’t open the page.
Too many redirects occurred trying to open “https://www.my.af.mil/afp/netstorage/CAC_Errors.html?Edge=184.24.176.239&Client=204.194.77.3&Request=b856a7&URL=/afp/netstorage/CAC_Errors.html&Method=GET&PKEStatus=self%20signed%20cert”. This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the

I've rerun the PKard Assistant, uninstalled & reinstalled PKard, cleared cache, did a system restart, etc. Once I did get a certificate error and it showed my certificates, but none of the ones from my CAC were displayed.

System: 10.6.7
CAC Reader: SCR331 (I don't know the firmware version, though. How does one tell?)

Thanks!
dimaria

Re: Cannot login to my.af.mil AF Portal

Postby jim » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:37 pm

dimaria,

The card reader will sometimes be the biggest hurdle. If you have an older SCM reader, like the SCR 331, you will need to check the firmware version. Here's how:
- Go to the Apple and choose "About this Mac"
- Click "System Report"
- On the left, click USB
- In the top section, click on "SCRX31 smart card reader"
- In the bottom section, the Version needs to be 5.25 (It will most likely show 5.18, which isn't supported on the Mac)

Does your card reader show the most recent version? If not, the firmware for your card reader can be updated, but it must be done on Windows.

The 331 firmware updater can be downloaded from
https://militarycac.com/cacdrivers.htm#FIRMWARE_UPDATE

After you have updated the firmware (while connected to the Windows computer), then bring the reader back to the Mac, everything should work.

---
Jim
jim
Site Admin

Return to PKard® for Mac v1