No access to any CAC websites

CAC access to secure web sites for Mac OS
kim

Re: No access to any CAC websites

Post by kim » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:13 am

Falcon wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:53 pm
Any resolution to this issue? I'm having the same problem, and even more intriguing, I was able to access a few CAC sites this morning, only to now be getting this issue after Restarting my computer. I did not complete any downloads; restarted because I was having access issues (ERR_SSL_CLIENT_AUTH_SIGNATURE_FAILED) with one site, so I cleared the cache, checked my login certs, and restarted for a fresh session. After that, the sites I was previously on were no longer accessible.
Are you using Chrome or Safari? The reason I ask is because since the Safari v12 update released several months ago, most users have been unable to access CAC-protected websites or perform anything smart card related consistently or at all. This problem was introduced by Apple and they haven't provided a fix for Safari on every version of macOS version yet. The only known workaround is to use Google Chrome. Chrome can be downloaded from www.google.com/chrome. Make sure to have your reader and card connected before opening Chrome to login to CAC required sites.

Kim, Support