CACKey and OpenSC

CAC access to secure web sites for Mac OS
Jonny

CACKey and OpenSC

Post by Jonny » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:31 pm

If you have installed CACKey or OpenSC prior to or since you have installed PKard, then you are probably experiencing difficulties. These programs do not work together with PKard. You need to remove them from your Mac before PKard will work effectively.

Before proceeding, Quit out of any browser you may be running.

To uninstall OpenSC, open Terminal (/Applications/Utilities) and run this command

sudo /usr/local/bin/opensc-uninstall

To disable CACKey use the Finders Go > Go to Folder option, then copy this into the window: /System/Library/Security/tokend, then delete/trash the PKCS11.tokend file

Once removed, reboot your Mac and restart the Setup Assistant, which is located from the root of your hard drive /Library/Application Support/PKard/
Last edited by michaelwolfe on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fastlearner

Re: CACKey and OpenSC

Post by fastlearner » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:04 am

Forgive me, but I am not familiar with how to open the Terminal. Can you explain this, so I can ensure OpenSC is removed.

Thanks!

Jonny

Post by Jonny » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:14 am

fastlearner,

You will need to look in the Applications folder and find the Utilities folder. Inside of the Utilities folder you will find Terminal. Double click on Terminal and it will open and you will be able to enter commands at the command ($) prompt.

fastlearner

Post by fastlearner » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:20 am

Thanks!

Any idea where can I check if OpenSC has been installed. I'm getting an error "command not found" when I type "sudo /usr/local/bin/opensc-uninstall" into the Terminal.

michaelwolfe

Post by michaelwolfe » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:48 pm

fastlearner wrote: I'm getting an error "command not found" when I type "sudo /usr/local/bin/opensc-uninstall" into the Terminal.
The output you are getting simply means that /opensc-uninstall doesn't exist. In other words, you don't have OpenSC installed.

saagarza

Post by saagarza » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:05 pm

How do I disable the CACKey? I'm not sure how to get there. (Step-by-Step)

Jonny

Post by Jonny » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:12 pm

Saagarza,

First, remove your CAC from the reader and Quit out of PKard Assistant.

next, you will need to access the root of your hard drive. To do this, click on Finder then click on Go in the menu bar at the very top of your screen. Select Computer from the drop down list. Now you should see your hard drive (most likely named MacintoshHD) in the Finder window. Click on the hard drive and you should see the System folder. Click on that folder then the Library folder, then Security, and finally tokend. This is where you will see the PKCS11.tokend file. Drag it to the trash.

Relaunch PKard Assistant and insert your CAC when prompted.