CAC access to secure web sites for Mac OS
- Site Admin
- Posts: 344
- Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:10 pm
The most common cause for problems with DTS (Defense Travel System) or with the E-Learning sites will be due to a Java update issue.
Every time Java releases a new update, DTS stops working because the Java plugin is set to inactive
when a new version is installed. DTS does not notify that Java is inactive, so you will have to activate it with these steps:
- - Go to http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
- Click "Verify Java Version".
- Click on "Inactive Plug-in". This will bring up a couple of Java prompts. Choose "Allow" and "Run".
- You should see a confirmation that Java is installed and up-to-date.
You should then be able to go back to DTS or the E-Learning site.
NOTE: Chrome no longer supports Java as of version 45.0.2454.85, which was released 9/1/15
Senior Support Specialist
(With thanks to Luke Davis at the Naval Research Laboratory for providing the basis for these steps.)
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:08 pm
WORDS from Gradkell Support (makers of DBsign)
Latest versions of Safari and OS X require a bit more configuration to make DBsign, Java, and the browser work happily with one another. We have a quick instructional video here:
That is part of a larger OS X support page with some other common issues. You can find that page here:
Remember you have to to the same thing at the LeaveWeb site, just reproduce the error and then set the Safari preferences again.