Having problems with Webmail

CAC access to secure web sites for Mac OS
jjmccormick

Having problems with Webmail

Post by jjmccormick » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:59 pm

I am having issues accessing webmail using PKard 1.3. I don't have any other issues with other websites (AF Portal, myPay, etc). I have tried all the trouble-shooting posted: going through the keychain access/repair/deleting, uninstall/reinstall of PKard, trying several browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox)... but nothing seems to work. When I pull up the webmail website, it gives me an error saying it couldn't connect and doesn't even bring up a window to choose a certificate or enter my pin. Any ideas on further troubleshooting/fixes would be appreciated.

michaelwolfe

Re: Having problems with Webmail

Post by michaelwolfe » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:10 am

jjmccormick,

Most issues you run into can be remedied by removing the websites Identity Preference within Keychain access. Once the preference has been removed you will then be prompted to select a new certificate. I understand that you said you have done some troubleshooting within Keychain Access, so I apologize for being redundant if you have already completed this process.

http://www.thursby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=318

Which version of the Mac OS are you currently using? We are seeing that Safari on older 10.5 computers are having issues with connecting to some websites. In this case we suggest that you download and install the last version of Google Chrome that is available, you can find it here.

Please let us know if this helps.

-Michael

jjmccormick

Post by jjmccormick » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:05 am

I am using OS X version 10.7.5 I have tried to remove the keychain preferences, but that doesn't seem to work either. Do you think it could be an issue with the webmail server, or am I missing something?

michaelwolfe

Post by michaelwolfe » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:57 am

jjmccormick,

I apologize for the delayed response. Are you presented with a certificate selection box? If so, which certificate are you selecting? In most cases, the first DoD EMAIL certificate will be the right choice. Dual Persona users will need to use the last NON DoD Email certificate in the list.

Also, I forgot to mention in my last post that PKard does not work with Firefox due to the way Firefox handles certificates.

-Michael