AROWS - Unable to digitally sign orders

CAC access to secure web sites for Mac OS

AROWS - Unable to digitally sign orders

Postby msp9349 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:28 am

I am currently running OS X El Capitan and everything seems to be working fine except I cannot sign my AROWS orders digitally on the AROWS website. I am using the latest version of Safari. I can log into AROWS and using the member dropdown tab, I can select "Create" under the Statement of Duty on the left tab. After I fill in the pertinent info I click the "Save & Sign" button it takes me to the Statement of Duty - Confirmation page where the "Save" button is greyed out. Normally the "Save" button takes a few minutes then becomes active. But for some reason it never does. Please help. Thanks.
msp9349

Re: AROWS - Unable to digitally sign orders

Postby michaelwolfe » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:19 am

msp9349,

I believe AROWS uses DBSign for this process. If that is the case, then you will first need to make sure to have the current version of Java installed and active in Safari. Java has a test page that you can use to verify that Java is functioning; go to http://java.com/testjava. Once Java is functioning, try to sign a document. If DBSign is trying to sign these documents, and you run into any issues, then you will need to contact DBSign's support to see what else needs to be changed within your browser. You can go to http://dbsign.com/support and fill out their contact form regarding this issue.

Please let us know if this helps.

-Michael
Last edited by carl on Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added URL tags
michaelwolfe

Postby msp9349 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:15 pm

Michael,

Thanks for the reply. I do have the current java update, and its active in safari. the java test page and the dbsign test pages work just fine. I can sigh documents in DTS using dbsign, so I guess i will contact DBSign for more info. I'll post the findings to this forum.
msp9349

Postby wedge07 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:45 pm

I still cannot (now using PKard v1.7) nor have I ever been able to log into AROWS. I've Safari, Chrome and Firefox. I've used all kinds of JAVA and extension hackery. NMCI (we used to joke that it's the Non-Mission Capable Intranet) has their system locked down to MicroSoft Explorer (6 and above if you can imagine.) I've called so many times they eventually hung up on me. But that was a year ago. Maybe I should start calling again from another number. :lol: BTW, like Michael, I can do anything else I please with PKard v1.7 and now even on macOS Sierra (OS 10.12) including DTS, myPers, vMPF and everything in between.
wedge07

Postby michaelwolfe » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:30 am

Wedge07,

As you know AROWS requires that you use IE, otherwise it won't let you in. For Macs, we can change the User Agent of Safari so that it appears to AROWS as Internet Explorer, and will let you in. Step 6 of this forum post goes over the steps on how to change the user agent within Safari. Please try this and let us know if you continue to have trouble.

Michael
michaelwolfe

Postby wedge07 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:37 am

Huh. I tried that before using a number of Explorer versions without success. Works now. Thanks!
wedge07

Postby Dreyer51 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:56 pm

Anyone ever find an answer for this? I'm using a Mac with most current versions of Safari developed as IE/Java/DBsign. I can sign DTS documents fine and can submit AROWS but the "Sign" button always remains greyed-out and a separate signing window never opens.

Cheers,
Moose
Dreyer51

Postby David Mattes » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:14 pm

Dreyer51,

Does a java applet appear when trying to get things set up to sign? If not I would recommend getting in contact with the folks at the AROWS helpdesk and asking them. At last we heard there were some changes made to AROWS regarding JAVA.

-David
David Mattes

Return to PKard® for Mac v1