AROWS-R Digitally Signing Orders

CAC access to secure web sites for Mac OS

AROWS-R Digitally Signing Orders

Postby icanjuggle2 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:45 am

Hello,

I've learned how to utilize DTS and AROWS-R with Safari likewise how to install digital certificates properly to gain access and verify JAVA is working properly on my Mac 10.8 OSX. However I'm having difficulty finishing the last step of DBSign for the "OK" after I click "Save & Sign" button in the Tour of Certification Detail window. As the next page loads I receive the security pop-up asking if I want to continue since the connection to this website is untrusted. (Website: https://arowsr.afrc.af.mil:443 Note: The certificate is not valid and cannot be used to verify the identity of this website) I click "Continue" At the bottom of the next page I see in bold red text:
"You are about to digitally sign the Tour of Duty described above.
Click 'Cancel' if any of the information is incorrect. Click 'OK' to proceed."
:cry:
Then nothing happens, no pop-up for DBSign populates and I'm left waiting and waiting. I've even tried again after changing my user agent to IE:10 in Safari Develop settings. Normally I don't have this issue when I'm not at a USAF workstation since my Lenovo Ideapad 100s is preloaded and configured properly with IE for all DoD sites. So my question is there a solution for my dilemma or do I have to wait to use a Windows specific computer with Mozilla/IE instead?

Apologies if this topic has been placed in an older thread before, I only viewed similar discussions involving logging into AROWS-R and that is not my issue. :P

Cheers!
icanjuggle2

Re: AROWS-R Digitally Signing Orders

Postby jim » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:21 pm

icanjuggle2,

The issue may be with the DOD Root certificates on your Mac. Since you are using OS X 10.8, you may not have the most recent DOD Roots, but this link to MilitaryCAC.com includes the best way to download and install all necessary Root certificates:

Update your DoD certificates (for Safari and Chrome Users)

After installing the certs, try accessing the function again, and let us know your results.

---
Jim
jim
Site Admin

Postby ellcesnd » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:58 pm

I am having this same issue. All my certificates have been updated and marked as trusted. Java is set to run in unsafe mode. Any direction on how else to get this to work?
ellcesnd

Postby michaelwolfe » Mon May 01, 2017 8:11 am

ellcesnd,

I reached out to DBSign a while back regarding this issue and here is what I was told:

"If you are using a Mac, just open your "System Preferences", and click on the "Java" icon. This will bring up the Java Control Panel. Under "Advanced Security Settings" check "Use SSL 2.0 compatible ClientHello format", and apply the changes. Then close all browser windows and try again."

- Michael
michaelwolfe

Return to PKard® for Mac v1