Sub Rosa Does Not Read CAC

CAC access to secure web sites for iOS devices (iPhone, iPad) using the Thursby PKard Reader card reader.
Rztaylor

Re: Sub Rosa Does Not Read CAC

Post by Rztaylor » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:59 pm

I'm having the same issue as above. Just started on my iphone 6, running iOS 11.1.1.

I needed to perform a factory reset on my phone, downloaded Sub Rosa, etc. When I insert the card reader I get the white active light, but no blue 'read' light as before. Also, the screen shows a "no" symbol in the upper left; the red circle with the strike through it.

The same card and reader works fine on my iPad, but does not work on my iPhone; both are running Sub Rosa 4.0.2 (8835). My iPad is still running iOS 11.0.3.

Hopefully it's not a new iOS issue. Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

Thank you.

michaelwolfe

Post by michaelwolfe » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:30 am

Rztaylor,

You may want to try cleaning the lightning port on your iPhone. There could be some obstruction that is preventing a solid connection between the reader and the phone.

-Michael

fmchisham

Post by fmchisham » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:19 pm

I'm having a similar issue. What was the fix?

jim_t
Site Admin

Post by jim_t » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:33 pm

fmchisham,

Can you tell me if you are getting the status icon in the upper left of the Sub Rosa browser window when you connect the reader and/or insert your card?

---
Jim

Jseiber68w

Post by Jseiber68w » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:17 pm

I am getting the same issue where subRosa is not recognizing that I have a cac inserted. I just received the thursby software edition TSS-PK16. I plugged it into my new iPhone 8 and it didn’t start the AppStore automatically so I downloaded subRosa and then registered it. I tried a website from the bookmarks and through the regular search bar, neither one recognized that I have a smart card inserted.

Jseiber68w

Post by Jseiber68w » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:12 pm

I’m not getting any kind of activity light /symbol of any kind. Does anyone know why? Do I just need to return the device?

michaelwolfe

Post by michaelwolfe » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:38 am

Jseiber68w,

First, when you connect the reader the first time, you may get prompted to download an app from the AppStore. This doesn't always happen, and is completely dependent on the iOS device.

While you are in Sub Rosa, you should see a [ followed by a gray rectangle when your CAC is in the reader. Do you see either of these icons? The case reader you are using doesn't have any activity lights, so this is expected.

When you insert your CAC into the reader, you should be inserting it chip in, face out. Is this how you were inserting it into the reader?

http://download.thursby.com/hw/PKard%20 ... rdware.pdf

-Michael