Sub Rosa not allowing docs to be viewed in Adobe Reader

CAC access to secure web sites for iOS devices (iPhone, iPad) using the Thursby PKard Reader card reader.
pda3k

Sub Rosa not allowing docs to be viewed in Adobe Reader

Post by pda3k » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:20 am

Previous to the Sub Rosa release, I was able to open attachments and pass them to Adobe Reader as a pdf. I can't seem to do this within Sub Rosa. Am I doing something wrong?

jim_t
Site Admin

Re: Sub Rosa not allowing docs to be viewed in Adobe Reader

Post by jim_t » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:11 pm

pda3k,

Opening attachments in other apps is not supported in the current release of Sub Rosa (3.0), but it is something we are looking into for a future update. We will try to notify all users of this functionality as soon as it is available.

---
Jim

pda3k

Post by pda3k » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:05 pm

Thanks - that is a very handy feature that I use often with the previous version. Would be even better if Adobe would code for digital signatures using Sub Rosa APIs.

Fraleyct

Post by Fraleyct » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:51 pm

Please add this capability back now. I would not have updated if I'd known you no longer supported the ability to pass documents to another app. I pass documents to a notebook app where I can organize and write on them. Without that capability I'm dead in the water!!! Being able to read my gov email on my gov pad is great but I have to be able to save the documents into my notebook app. PLEASE correct this oversight ASAP!!!

carl
Site Admin

Post by carl » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:18 pm

I can see how this would have a serious effect if you use that feature. The good news is that you can disable the Enhanced OWA feature of Sub Rosa which returns you to the same functionality as PKard Reader had. I've tested with a PDF file, and I'm able to open the PDF document with another app. Please let me know how this works for you.

We're working hard on releasing an update that includes all of the changes that customers are asking for.

Fraleyct

Post by Fraleyct » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:18 am

I see an update to Sub Rosa posted to the App Store on 22 October but it Did not add back the capability to export attachments to another app if using Enhanced OWA. This is VERY disappointing. It can't be rocket science, you had this capability in the web based version. And, before you tell me I can just use the web based version, remember it does not support S/MIME encrypted messages. I find the lack of export functionallity in Sub Rosa very frustrating when you are so close. Is anyone even working on this? What is a realistic time estimate to have this functionallity returned to your application? Any information and forward movement is appriciated?

jim_t
Site Admin

Post by jim_t » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:45 pm

Fraleyct,

We are continuing to work on the ability to export documents ro or "Open in..." other apps, but this will be a few months off. If you would like to be notified when we will have this capability, please send an email to support@thursby.com. That Support Call # will be associated with the internal tracking of the feature request, and we'll be able to let you know as soon as there are any updates to the progress.

---
Jim

mek86

Post by mek86 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:48 pm

I'm reviewing your products for my company. They require a CAC reader and the ability to download and edit PDF files in a adobe reader.
Where can I see updates on this issue.

michaelwolfe

Post by michaelwolfe » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:11 am

Sub Rosa is capable of opening PDF's in another application if it was one accessed by the browser portion of the app, and the website hosting the PDF allows for this of action; to see for yourself, go to http://download.thursby.com/ios/Sub%20R ... 0Guide.pdf.

Our Enhanced OWA Client, however, does not allow this action in order to prevent secured attachments from leaving our sandbox.

Michael