Reader over cellular connection

CAC access to secure web sites for iOS devices (iPhone, iPad) using the Thursby PKard Reader card reader.
Opteemus

Reader over cellular connection

Post by Opteemus » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:19 pm

My reader works when connected to WIFI, but fails over my internal cellular connections. Anyone got any ideas?

michaelwolfe

Re: Reader over cellular connection

Post by michaelwolfe » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:02 pm

Opteemus,

Just to clarify, when you are using only your cellular connection, you are unable to log into any website with Sub Rosa, or some websites? Are you ever prompted to select a certificate, or enter your PIN number?

Which cell carrier are you using? Are you in the states?

Michael

Opteemus

Post by Opteemus » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:01 am

I get to the pin entry screen, after entry, then it fails; it does not make it to the select a certificate. If I connect via WIFI, all options complete.

Opteemus

Post by Opteemus » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:12 am

Provider is AT&T, yes in the states, and it appears the problem is only with disa webmail.

michaelwolfe

Post by michaelwolfe » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:58 pm

Opteemus,

We have only had a few isolated incidents where a cellular connection didn't allow them into some websites. Are you still running into issues while using a cellular connection? Not sure if still works in iOS 10, but in older OS' you can clear the DNS cache by turning on Airplane mode for about 10 seconds. Try this and see if this makes a difference.

Michael