SMB Shares and Fast user switching

User discussion forum for prior versions of ADmitMac
Juan

SMB Shares and Fast user switching

Post by Juan » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:14 am

Hi

When a user log into the imac and connect to the user SMB share, other users using fast user switching are able to login and access the contents of first login user. With native AD binding the share was also remaining, but credentials of the old user not, so the new user was not able to access the share.

Of course I can disable fast user switching, but if one user doesn't close his session the workstation remain locked and with logoff user after XXmin idle time in preferences got bad experience which finally ends in a complete reboot of the machine.

Has anybody similar behavior and perhaps solution?

jim
Site Admin

Re: SMB Shares and Fast user switching

Post by jim » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:07 am

Juan,

This is the first report we've had of this issue. Please contact us at support@thursby.com , as we would like to gather some trace information to determine the cause of the issue in your environment.

---
Jim

Juan

Re: SMB Shares and Fast user switching

Post by Juan » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:04 pm

Jim

Already in touch with support@thursby.com

15.10.13 Thursby support replay to me as follow:

"Using fast user switching will result in the same behavior with or without ADmitMac installed.
The first user would need to log out in order for the second user not to have the same shares mounted at login"

Does not help me a lot.

I've a temporary solution using one drive mounter app instead of the native AdmitMac mounter at login. Shares still remain attached, but at least the credentials are not cached because this little app use own keychain record.

If in a couple of days if nobody answer, I'll close this posting.