Root access to device detected, closing

CAC access to secure web sites for Android devices using the Thursby Sub Rosa™ app and Thursby branded card readers.

Root access to device detected, closing

Postby rmw04c » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:29 pm

Yes I have a rooted tablet (Nexus 7), and have the trial version of the software installed. PKard detects my smartcard, but when I open PKard Browser, it comes up with the message "Root access to device detected, closing" and closes. I find it a bit bizarre that you guys would cut out an extremely large segment of the market by not allowing use with rooted devices (ie: anyone with a custom ROM). Is it some security issue? I have tried temporarily unrooting the device, but this still does not allow the PKard Browser to open. Any help please?
rmw04c

Re: Root access to device detected, closing

Postby carl » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:00 pm

This is a really good question. Initially, we did this on Android because we blocked jailbroken phones on iOS. The main difference, though, is the number of jailbroken/rooted devices on Android is huge when compared with iOS. We've discussed this at length and decided to remove this check. However, some features may not work on a jailbroken/rooted device, and we do not test on jailbroken/rooted devices.
carl
Site Admin

Return to Sub Rosa™ Android (formerly PKard and PKard Browser)