Browser crash when selecting date on a calandar in JPAS

CAC access to secure web sites for Android devices using the Thursby Sub Rosa™ app and Thursby branded card readers.
canine

Browser crash when selecting date on a calandar in JPAS

Post by canine » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:45 pm

When using JPAS (the DOD security clearance management system) there's a certain feature that requires the entry of two dates. First you click on the calendar icon (cropped to remove personal data): Image

Then, it opens the calendar: Image

As soon as you select a date, the browser crashes and returns you to the default PKard Browser window.Image

I don't have any other sites that I regularly use that have this calendar feature so I don't know if this is just a problem with JPAS or not, but still I would like this resolved. Thanks

canine

Re: Browser crash when selecting date on a calandar in JPAS

Post by canine » Wed May 06, 2015 7:34 pm

Is this a known issue that I can expect to be corrected in the near future? Or am I the only one who has experienced this?

michaelwolfe

Post by michaelwolfe » Thu May 07, 2015 7:59 am

canine,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. First, please make sure you are using the released version of the apps, v1.2.220. Next, if you are still able to reproduce the error then I would like you to send us some log files of the issue, so that we can have engineering diagnose the problem. Here are the steps:

- Remove your card from the reader
- Force close both PKard and PKard Browser
- Open the PKard app
- Tap your menu button
- Tap Clear Log
- Open PKard Browser
- Tap your menu button
- Tap Help
- Tap Clear log
- Change the calendar dates

After you have experienced the crash:

- Tap your menu button within PKard Browser
- Tap Help
- Tap Send Log
- Include information in the body of the email regarding this crash

Sending the log file from our browser app also includes the PKard log file, so there will be no need to manually send the PKard log as well.

Michael

canine

Post by canine » Sat May 16, 2015 4:59 pm

Well I went to submit the log as you outlined after updating the app (I haven't used JPAS on my tablet since just before the most current update came out). And now it isn't even getting past the disclosure screen. I click Agree, and it just tells me that I have to agree to continue. I've tried every user agent, clearing the cache, restarting the tablet, resetting the browser, loading with and without my CAC inserted, nothing is making a difference. I can't even get to the main JPAS login screen now. Any suggestions for me to try that might fix this?

michaelwolfe

Post by michaelwolfe » Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 am

canine,

Are you prompted to choose a certificate or enter a PIN number?

If you pull down your notification bar, does it say that your license is expired?

Is this the only website you are having trouble with?

-Michael

canine

Post by canine » Mon May 18, 2015 9:32 am

michaelwolfe wrote:canine,

Are you prompted to choose a certificate or enter a PIN number?
No. It's the privacy act disclosure acceptance screen that is looping for me (https://jpasapp.dmdc.osd.mil/JPAS/JPASDisclosure) that many military sites require you to acknowledge. The login page is supposed to be available after clicking Agree there, so I'm not even getting to where it should be reading my certificates.
If you pull down your notification bar, does it say that your license is expired?
No. It did after I updated but I immediately re-registered my license with the link in my original purchase email before even trying JPAS again.
Is this the only website you are having trouble with?
I've tested AKO, my unit portal (a Sharepoint site that requires an account and CAC login), and DCO. All of them worked, and DCO even has a similar sort of disclosure page that you have to agree to that I was able to use correctly.

michaelwolfe

Post by michaelwolfe » Mon May 18, 2015 9:46 am

canine,

Go ahead and follow the steps above on how to send us a log file; just send the logs after you have tapped the "Accept" button and the page refreshes. Please be sure to put attn. Michael in the body of the email.

-Michael

canine

Post by canine » Mon May 18, 2015 9:52 am

michaelwolfe wrote:canine,

Go ahead and follow the steps above on how to send us a log file; just send the logs after you have tapped the "Accept" button and the page refreshes. Please be sure to put attn. Michael in the body of the email.

-Michael
I just sent the log.