PKard Browser & Navy webmail not accessible

CAC access to secure web sites for Android devices using the Thursby Sub Rosa™ app and Thursby branded card readers.

PKard Browser & Navy webmail not accessible

Postby dwoodard3950 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:11 am

I've just purchased the reader and have downloaded the trial version for android. I'm running android 5.0.2 on a nexus 7 2013. I've tried a number of navy sites; NKO, Navy OWA, NR Homeport, and NROWS. None seem to work. I'm prompted for selection of the certificate and to enter my pin on NKO & OWA, however, it fails each time. I've tried selecting different certificates without success. When I prompted for selection of the certificate, there are 6 to choose from. Can you provide any detailed instructions?
dwoodard3950

Re: PKard Browser & Navy webmail not accessible

Postby michaelwolfe » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:17 am

dwoodard3950,

To answer your question regarding certificate selection:

NKO - Identity certificate
OWA - Email Signing certificate
NR Homeport - Email Signing certificate

NROWS has a browser requirement in that it will only accept traffic from Internet Explorer or Firefox on a windows computer. PKard Browser has the ability to change its default user agent so that it can appear as though you are using one of these browsers.

- Tap your menu button within PKard Browser
- Tap Settings
- Tap User Agent
- Select Firefox for Windows
- Exit the Settings menu

Now that the user agent has been modified, lets connect to NROWS by going to https://nrows.sscno.nmci.navy.mil/nrows ... /login.jsp. When you are prompted to choose a certificate, choose the Email Signing certificate.

Please let me know if this helps.

- Michael
michaelwolfe

Return to Sub Rosa™ Android (formerly PKard and PKard Browser)