IOS 10 issue

CAC access to secure email with signing and encryption (S/MIME) via Exchange Active Sync (EAS)

IOS 10 issue

Postby bolandg » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:15 am

What's new on the glitch with IOS 10? Just purchased my PK7 for my iPhone and as warned, it does not work. I already had IOS 10 updated (Apple bugs you constantly and I relented). The only info on the update page is that there will be a firmware fix for the reader in "the next couple of weeks" as part of the page with a date of Sept 23. It's October 12, coming up on 3 weeks. I can wait a while, but what is coming and how soon. Is IOS 10.0.3 coming soon that will fix this? Can we get a refund or trade for a case reader at some point when the delay gets extreme?
bolandg

Re: IOS 10 issue

Postby carl » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:58 am

We still expect Apple to provide a version of iOS that will fix the bug -- the firmware change to work around Apple's bug is not a viable solution at this point. We have heard reports from users that Apple's public beta of iOS 10.1 addresses the bug, so if you're in a bind and don't mind trying unreleased software, that is an option. I will update the warning page to reflect this information.
carl
Site Admin

Return to PKard Mail