Cannot Open Page

CAC access to the Navy Reserve Ready-2-Serve (R2S) System for iOS

Cannot Open Page

Postby RonTrimnell » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:18 pm

New problem, when starting the app, I just get a Cannot Open Page error, cannot establish a secure connection. iPhone 7 iOS 10.3.1, not sure of os the last time it worked
RonTrimnell

Re: Cannot Open Page

Postby David Mattes » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:59 pm

RonTrimnell,

Is then when your first trying to log into R2S? Are you on WiFi or Carrier Data when your trying to log into the app? Are you ever greeted with a certificate selection or a pin prompt?

-David
David Mattes

Postby faddygk81 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:21 pm

Having same issue. App asks for my password and takes it, but then get error that "Cannot Open Page".

From your previous post, you asked for the following info: "Is then when your first trying to log into R2S? Are you on WiFi or Carrier Data when your trying to log into the app? Are you ever greeted with a certificate selection or a pin prompt?"

I had to reset phone, so first time using after reset. Using WiFi. When I put in CAC, get pop-up "Cannot Verify Server Identity". I hit "Continue" and app asks for PIN. Then get pop-up that app "Cannot Open Page - R2S cannot open the page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server".

Thanks for the help. FYI - running iOS 10.3.2
faddygk81

Postby David Mattes » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:11 am

faddygk81,

Are you able to log into R2S? If not I would like to send you a private message with some instructions for obtaining a log.

-David
David Mattes

Postby neriye » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:32 pm

Hi David,

I have the same issues and would like your instructions. Please send to my email. Thank you!
neriye

Postby BYanes » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:44 pm

I'm having a connectivity issue. When i open the app and place the reader into the iPhone jack a window opens up and reads "cannot obtain safe connection". I believe it may be a issue with carrier, but at the same time I have tried before and logged on with no issue. I don't know what seems to be the problem. I have tried resetting app and redone loading app and nothing has worked.
BYanes

Postby Samtmann » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:51 am

Same issue on my iPad when using home wifi. Do not have the issue on iPhone, when using home wifi. All ios software is up to date. Can someone provide what they did to fix this. Thanks!
Samtmann

Postby carl » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:28 am

It sounds like everyone may not be having the same issue. Most of the symptoms listed here sound like certificate validation errors. A server certificate is verified every time a connection is made to that server. We've had a couple of reasons for this to happen in R2S, but all of the problems that we are aware of have been fixed in R2S version 2.0.1.

To check your version of R2S, launch the app and drag down from the center of the screen. At the top you'll see the version information. I've included an image of what you should see.

If you are using R2S 2.0.1 and are still having problems, you can respond to this post or email our support group at r2s@thursby.com. Please include the exact text of the error (a screenshot of the problem is even better) along with the site that you're trying to get to. If you post on our forum, you probably want to redact any personal information before posting.
Attachments
VERSION.PNG
Example of R2S Version Information
VERSION.PNG (261.25 KiB) Viewed 1448 times
carl
Site Admin

Return to Ready-2-Serve (R2S) for iOS