USMC Email inaccessible

CAC access to the Navy Reserve Ready-2-Serve (R2S) System for Android

USMC Email inaccessible

Postby johnp » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:09 pm

I'm on a Motorola Droid Turbo 2, and R2S will not allow me to access my @usmc.mil email. None of the Navy email links work, nor does the DOD mail.mil (because the web address is out of date, but I haven't found a way to change it). I've even tried using my browser but can't get the browser to recognize my certainly or the reader. Is there a solution for us Marines users, or do we need to wait for the compatibility to be developed for us?
johnp

Re: USMC Email inaccessible

Postby David Mattes » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:10 pm

Johnp,

I'm sorry to hear your unable to access your mail. Are you specifically needing to access usmc.mil? Do you have an account with NavEast/NavWest or mail.mil? When you log into R2S, do you click a link to go to usmc.mil?

-David
David Mattes

Postby johnp » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:22 pm

Yes. I only have a usmc.mil and DODIIS.mil, both of which are inaccessible via R2S. And since there is apparently no free Sub Rosa for Android, I basically have a useless CaC reader.
johnp

Postby carl » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:12 am

If your issues is simply that you don't have access to the correct links, please reach out to the Navy Reserve Help Desk at r2s@navy.mil. They manage the back end of the product as well as all of the links that are listed.
carl
Site Admin

Postby johnp » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:07 am

Ok, I've reached out to them. But why is it $100 for me to use Sub Rosa on an Android phone, when it's free on iPhone? I know for a fact it works for the Marine systems, so what's the reasoning for only providing free access to some? I just want to know if there's some sort of contract or agreement in place.
johnp

Postby carl » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:47 am

The price for Sub Rosa on Android and iOS is roughly the same -- on iOS, the cost of the license is rolled into the card reader hardware that's required while on Android, we charge for the software license and let you use whatever card reader you'd like.

Yes, the Navy Reserve has chosen to purchase licenses (discounted, of course) for every reservist who would like one for their mobile device.
carl
Site Admin

Return to Ready-2-Serve (R2S) for Android