SubRosa stays active

CAC access to the Navy Reserve Ready-2-Serve (R2S) System for Android

SubRosa stays active

Postby turbomkt » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:36 pm

Is there any way to have Sub Rosa not stay active once the reader has been removed?
turbomkt

Re: SubRosa stays active

Postby kim » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:09 pm

turbomkt wrote:Is there any way to have Sub Rosa not stay active once the reader has been removed?

Hi turbomkt

Yes, you can. Depending on your device model and Android OS version, there are a few different ways to "force stop" apps running in the background.

Probably the easiest method I can suggest since I don't know the type of phone you have is to 'force stop' the app via your device's settings. You can find the icon for settings in the App Drawer. Once in settings, there should be a search field at the top of your screen. Begin to type the word 'Application' until you see Application Manager in the suggestions list. Select Application Manager and scroll until down until you find Sub Rosa (the list is generally alphabetical). Tap Sub Rosa, then tap the 'Force Stop' button. You'll get a pop-up warning about how force stopping can potentially cause errors, just tap Force Stop again in that pop-up box. The app is now fully shut down until you use it again the next time. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks!
Kim
Support - TSS, Inc.
kim

Postby turbomkt » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:31 pm

Thanks. I'm using a Pixel with Android 7.1.1. (using a micro to USB C adapter :roll: )

I guess I'm not sure why Sub Rosa needs to remain active after I have closed the R2S app (cleared it from running applications) and disconnected the card reader.
turbomkt

Postby kim » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:48 am

turbomkt wrote:Thanks. I'm using a Pixel with Android 7.1.1. (using a micro to USB C adapter :roll: )

I guess I'm not sure why Sub Rosa needs to remain active after I have closed the R2S app (cleared it from running applications) and disconnected the card reader.

How are you determining that the app is still running in the background after removing all the hardware, etc.?
kim

Postby turbomkt » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:53 am

Because the SubRosa icon is still in the notification bar at the top? The only way to make it go away is to go to the app manager and stop the app.
turbomkt

Postby kim » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:57 am

turbomkt wrote:Because the SubRosa icon is still in the notification bar at the top? The only way to make it go away is to go to the app manager and stop the app.

With the app closed, what happens if you swipe the notification out of the drawer while you have your reader connected and card inserted?
kim

Return to Ready-2-Serve (R2S) for Android