SharePoint Docs

CAC access to secure web sites for iOS devices (iPhone, iPad) using the Thursby PKard Reader card reader.

SharePoint Docs

Postby mjp1972 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:55 pm

When using SharePoint has anyone figured a way to open and edit documents in the Office (word, PowerPoint or Excel) for editing. It would be very useful to do this, it would go a long way to leaving the computer behind, which is the point of the reader.
mjp1972

Re: SharePoint Docs

Postby jim » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:09 am

mjp1972,

The current release of Sub Rosa does have the ability to view documents, but does not yet have the capability to "Open In..." for other apps. This is something that we are working on and will be in a future update.

If you would like to be notified when that capability is available, please contact our Support Department at support@thursby.com (i.e. "Please notify me when an update to Sub Rosa is available that allows documents to be opened in other apps.")

---
Jim
jim
Site Admin

Postby airborne22 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:56 am

Is there any updates to this? I can open PDF's and Excel, but not Word (.docx and .doc) or any other formats.
airborne22

Postby michaelwolfe » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:33 pm

airborne22,

I apologize for the delayed response. Are the Word documents you're trying to access hosted on a SharePoint site? If so, which site are you going to?

Are these emailed Word docs?

Michael
michaelwolfe

Return to Sub Rosa™ (formerly PKard® Reader)