web.mail.mil site not moving past welcome screen

CAC access to secure web sites for Android devices using the Thursby Sub Rosa™ app and Thursby branded card readers.
jeremy1j

Re: web.mail.mil site not moving past welcome screen

Post by jeremy1j » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:49 pm

Yes the "Fits 140-2" seems to need to be on to work and the ENHANCED OWA causes a loop error. I will test it more carefully this afternoon and copy down the results. I could not get into either mail.mil or AF OWA with Enhanced OWA turned on.

michaelwolfe

Post by michaelwolfe » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:26 am

jeremy1j,

Are you still having trouble logging into webmail?

Michael

jeremy1j

Post by jeremy1j » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:32 am

I can only connect to the mail.mil OWA and AF OWA if I keep the "enhanced OWA" off. I get in just fine, but if I turn it back on, I ger a "unable to securely connect" error. I have done a secure reset and tried turning the FIPS 140-2 mode off too, but Enhance OWA doesn't seem to work.

paul.lewis

Post by paul.lewis » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:59 pm

I have been following this post with the same issue. I have a Samsumg S7 Edge with Android 7.0 now as well as a Samsung Note 8.0 and none of my android devices will connect to DoD Email for the past couple of months. In fact, since the release of Sub Rosa I have only been able to connect once or twice and it has never been easy to do so. I have tried all of the suggestions here. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled. I am usually able to connect once after I reinstall but even then I cannot select an email to open. I can only view the inbox but not open anything. Then I continue to get an Unable To Connect error on subsequent tries. Very, very unstable and it has been for a long time. I wonder...is anyone having luck with using Sub Rosa for Android? Open to suggestions, please. Otherwise I have wasted my money.

michaelwolfe

Post by michaelwolfe » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:14 pm

paul.lewis,

We are currently tracking an issue with mail.mil sites not working with our product. A workaround to this issue is to go into Sub Rosa Pro's Settings, then turn off our Enhanced OWA Client. I will create a support call for you so we can better track the issue, and we'll post an update to this forum post when we know the issue has been resolved.

Michael

zman2206

Post by zman2206 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:36 pm

Any solution yet? How about an estimate in terms of time? - I am a trial user and can confirm is still doesn't work.

I don't mind paying for good software as this really seems promising. I guess I have a couple of more weeks of trial time.

Galaxy Tab A Android 6.01
Sub Rosa 3.1.3(929)

Z

michaelwolfe

Post by michaelwolfe » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:09 am

Engineering is still looking into this issue, and sending out test versions to some external users when they believe to have made progress in finding a solution. You should be able to access your email if you disable Enhanced OWA Client within our Settings menu.

Michael