IndenTrust ECA

CAC access to secure web sites for Mac OS
markw

IndenTrust ECA

Post by markw » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:52 pm

I have a smart card from IndeTrust that contains ECA certificates (DoD trusted certs). The card is a SafeNet Smart Card 400. Unfortunately PKard doesn't appear to be able to read it. I see that the PKard process is started when the card is inserted, but it terminates shortly after. Everything works fine for my DoD CAC card, but not for the new ECA smart card. Anyone have any suggestions? The number of users with ECA cards is rapidly increasing due to upcoming JPAS requirements.

carl
Site Admin

Re: IndenTrust ECA

Post by carl » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:58 am

Mark,

The first step to figuring out what is happening is this.
Open Terminal and enter the following commands:

touch /Library/Logs/com.thursby.pki
chmod 666 /Library/Logs/com.thursby.pki

Insert the card into the reader.
After a few seconds, open /Library/Logs/ and email the file 'com.thursby.pki' to support@thursby.com and include a reference to this forum topic.

EDIT: If you have problems with the above commands, enter them after 'sudo' like this:

sudo touch /Library/Logs/com.thursby.pki
sudo chmod 666 /Library/Logs/com.thursby.pki

akustikkid

Post by akustikkid » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:32 pm

Was there ever a fix for this? I'm interested in finding out if the Thursby reader will work with Identrust ECA PKI Smart / PIV card.

Thanks!

kim

Post by kim » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:43 pm

akustikkid wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:32 pm
Was there ever a fix for this? I'm interested in finding out if the Thursby reader will work with Identrust ECA PKI Smart / PIV card.

Thanks!
Hello,

At this time, PKard for Mac does not support ECA tokens, only CAC and PIV. I would recommend contacting the token provider and stating that you need Mac support. Here's the IdenTrust Customer Support email address, helpdesk@IdenTrust.com and their support contacts page https://www.identrust.com/contact_us.html

- Kim, Support